The Magic of Monstera: The Hottest Houseplant of the Moment!
Monstera plants, also known as Swiss Cheese Plants, are taking over our homes and hearts! With their unique and striking leaves that resemble Swiss cheese, these lush and lush green plants are the ultimate accessory for any millennial living space. Whether you’re an experienced gardener or just getting started, this fun and easy-to-care-for houseplant is the perfect way to bring some life and personality to your home. So, let’s dive into the wonderful world of Monstera and discover why this plant is the talk of the town!
Best thing is, it’s so easy to take care of!
We found ours on clearance at Home Depot and it’s been thriving in our foyer ever since 🙂 It’s a very popular indoor plant and known for its beautiful and bold swiss cheese-like shaped leaves that splits elegantly. Ours grow wide so make sure you leave plenty of room for it to grow. Here are some tips to help maintain this gorgeous plant!
- Indirect bright light/shady area
- Water only once every 1.5-2 weeks or when the first 2 inches of soil are dry
- Ensure good drainage with holes at the bottom of the pot
We also propagated this plant once to great success. It was actually super easy! Here’s what we did:
- Use a clean pruning shear or scissor to make the cut, making sure you include the node with the stem
- Put the cutting in filtered water (make sure the node is complete covered in water)
- Change the water every couple of weeks and you will start to see roots grow!
- Pot your new plant! 🙂
Leave a Reply